Monday, December 6, 2010

Week-end at the Cottage

My family and I feel very fortunate to own a little condo (and I do mean little) at The Canyons (soon to be renamed to just Canyons) ski resort in Park City, Utah.  The condo is a 1 bed, 1 1/2 bath, in a larger chalet style building circa 1980.  It's not fancy, but what it does have is gorgeous views and amenities.  It also had a tonne of potential as it hadn't been touched since 1980 (I don't think it had even been cleaned since then either). 

I love the mountain style decor of Sundance ski resort, it's more eclectic than what you would typically find in mountain homes in Utah.  It's also more cozy and cottagie (I know that's not a word).  Luckily for us Utahns we are fortunate to have the Sundance Catalog Outlet Store right here in Salt Lake City.  If anyone knows me, they'll know that I love to pick up a bargain or two there.  They often have as-is furniture that is a fourth of the price or even less than in the current catalog.  So I decided that I would decorate the condo like one of the Sundance cabins.  We decided to call it The Cottage which may irk some people who think we're being pretentious, but we're British and that is what people call their week-end getaways.  Some of our friends call it The Condage or The Cobin, but it's mostly known as The Cottage.  I'll do a whole post on before and afters sometime in the near future, but for now, here is a sneak peek!




The boys got the bedroom, so we can close the door on them when they're being loud.  We sleep on the sleeper sofa which is a bit uncomfortable, but is is right in front of the fire and the TV, so it's not too bad.




Hey, what you looking at?
  


One of my favourite elements is the cuckoo clock.  It makes a great tweeting sound.  Unfortunately, I think my bird may have croaked, because it appears to be permanently out.  I'm hoping that it's just the battery.


Hope you had a great week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment