Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

The day started with a very chilly outdoor breakfast up Millcreek Canyon with a 100 or so friends.  The temperature was a balmy 6 degrees Fahrenheit, and the snow was up to our knees, but the spiked coffee and the yummy pastries & bacon kept our spirits high.

Later, we changed into our less puffy party attire in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner hosted by our very best friends, Sheila & Andy (and their 3 adorable children).  Roman did a pretty good job of imitating JT.





The champagne flowed.


The table scape was classic & beautiful.



Hang on a minute, is that a turkey-shaped butter I see?


I'm especially thankful for sharing this day with my two best friends, Sheila & Amy.


And for friends who are not embarrassed to pair a tie with the chunkiest woolly sweater I have ever seen.


The food was of course delicious.




The pies were yummy.




Loads of photos were snapped.


I am thankful that the kids had a good time and were occupied well (hence the lack of photos).  I am thankful that sweet old Maggie (Andy & Sheila's dog) is still with us.


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

3 comments:

  1. That was a great day. Love your entry - especially the chunkiest sweater bit. I am a little disappointed there was no mention of charades - sounds like...we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, i have enjoyed looking at your pics here. Roman is the spit of Damian and loving Roman's outift. Jesse and Otis would refuse to wear a hat like that! Otis would like the tie though.Samx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pictures! Looks like you had a great day...I especially like the sound of the outdoor winter breakfast!! And you haven't changed a bit since I last saw you in 1994!
    Ren x

    ReplyDelete