Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Field Trip to ABC Studios

Yesterday I had the pleasure of accompanying my 6 year old on a field trip to ABC Channel 4 studios in Salt Lake City. We got a great behind the scenes tour and then watched a segment of the Good Things Utah show.

Newsroom
sound bite room


This was all possible because Callum's school friend's dad is Dana Greene the sportscaster.  He is such a fun guy, just as you'd expect.

One of the presenters doing her make-up


I don't think that the kids paid much attention to the first half of the program. If anyone hasn't seen Good Things Utah, it's a bit like The View but without the infighting.  

The kids were starting to get a bit restless at this point, but thankfully the special guests came out just in time.


I had no idea who these guys were, but the kids seemed to know. They had some fun doing the freeze dance with them. The characters seem to me to be a cross between Barney & The Wiggles, with a bit of Teletubbies thrown in for good measure. 


Got to have a photo with a huge stuffed flower and I'm not sure what that blue thing is.

Finally, a big thank-you to all of you that voted for my room in Apartment Therapy's Room for Color Contest 2010. I had a respectable 420 votes which put me on the podium in 3rd place! I'm glad I wasn't vying for top position because it started getting nasty with mud being slung between the top two entries; accusations of voter fraud and unfairness abounded. No hanging chads reported as of yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment