Finally started working on the office chair. I didn't want anything that screamed work space, so I decided to reuse an old chair that was originally in the bathroom.
The chair wasn't quite so hideous when I bought it, but a rash decision to wash the slipcover in the washing machine sealed its fate. It's kinda looking very grannyfied, definitely not the look I'm going for, but it is super comfortable, and not at all bad looking when you remove the cover.
I probably could have left it like that and maybe painted zigzags on it, but I'm not sure about the look of painted fabric. So with pliers in hand, I removed the padded leg covers and discovered this lovely layered wood. It did look kind of interesting and cool and for a little while I considered just polyurethaning the legs instead of painting them, but the wood was badly nicked and rough, so out came the paint can.
Next step, cut fabric to size and staple, staple, staple. I chose to use yellow zippy fabric from Premier Fabrics for the seat and front, and Thomaspaul aviary fabric for the back.
I was almost done, and then I came up with the bright idea of using some bias piping on the back. I already had some in orange, but thought it might also look good in yellow, white or even blue. So instead of having the chair finished, I now have to traipse off to JoAnns to get some more piping. Hope I'm able to make a decision soon.