Thursday, May 26, 2011

I've Been Pinned!


No, not by some college freshman, unfortunately.  Waaaayyy too old for that, oh, and taken.  No, someone liked my office chair enough to repin it onto Pinterest.  If you've been stuck in the Dark Ages (which is where I usually reside), then you're probably wondering what Pinterest is.  Well, it's like a virtual scapbook of images.  Once you join, which is really easy, you download a thingy which allows you to pin any image on the web and stick it into a virtual folder.  It links to the original source which makes it easy to go to that image website in the future.  It's very addictive, so be warned.



Anyhow, here is the original pin.  Which was then repinned 25 more times.  Those repins were then repinned and so on.  I think I managed to track down atleast 76 repins and counting!  Wow,  people really like my chair.  This is great, because I don't get any feedback here, unfortunately.  It's a bit of a lonely road, so this little pat on the back has been good.

I even repinned the chair myself to see how this whole pinning thing works.

On a related note, I was chatting with one of the cool mums of a kid in Callum's class, and she mentioned Pinterest.  Before I could tell her about my chair, she said, "You keep seeing all the same old crap on there i.e. chevrons, yellow & grey interiors."  Oops.  I almost wanted to say, "wow you've been on my blog then."  But thought better of it.  

And, as I've been compiling this post, I've had a number of conversations with the Urban Outfitters people regarding the zigzag rug.  I knew it was too good to be true.  Yesterday, a woman from Urban left a message on my phone asking for some clarification for the order.  When I called back the number, no-one could trace the order, or find the rug, or locate the woman who made the call, or anything.  Agghhh!  Boo Urban for getting my hopes up and then dashing them.  What a drama!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am the original "pinner"! I started following your blog a little while ago after I saw this amazing chair transformation. Now it's a daily read for me:)~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenda, wow, thanks so much. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I hope to have something tomorrow. And I'm thrilled you like my blog :)

    ReplyDelete