Monday, April 15, 2013

Symmetry at last

The knock-off saarinen tulip side table arrived from Overstock, and overall I'm pleased to have some symmetry back in the bedroom.


What I don't like, however, is the fact that you can see the lamp and radio cords.  I think if I tape them down the table base it will disguise them somewhat, but you'll still see them at the bottom.


Anyhow, it got me to thinking.  How about if I had sconces attached to the walls.  That would solve the  cord dilemma, and create more room on the nightstands for other stuff.


It would also make the room look less whimsical and more sophisticated.

I remember being fascinated by the sconces in the house on the show "American Horror Story".  Now that's a gorgeously designed house.  Here's a picture below.


Maybe I should do something like that with my bedroom.  The sconces would however have to be beside the headboard and not above due to the fact that I have a sloping ceiling.

These beauties are currently on sale at Anthropologie.


Too spidery or alien looking?  Not sure.  But they would bring a touch of masculinity to the place.

Here's some other options that might work.





You can find all of the links here.

It's probably not going to happen, because the current lamps are perfectly fine, but it's fun to dream.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of doing the same in my bedroom! I love your choices - not spidery at all. But admittedly, I'm unsure myself - I like the pattern that the lampshades bring in both my own room and yours as well and you'll/I'll lose that. But more room for STUFF on the tables. I like that too. Dilemmas dilemmas ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete